Friday, July 9, 2010
I Have No Good News
"I have no good news. It's cancer." After hearing those words from my surgeon, everything became a blur. I can't believe that I have cancer, again! I had just had a breast biopsy two years ago. I've been getting yearly mammograms. I missed my appointment with the surgeon last year, but my breasts were examined by my gynecologist. I do self-exams. How? Why? I thought that God wouldn't put more burdens on me than I could bear. I'm a good person! Oh wait, now I am hearing words like "chemotherapy" and "mastectomy." I see my mother crying while my aunt is consoling her. I hear my mom say, "Kim has already been through so much." I said to myself, "Not cancer, again! I can't believe this ****!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kim, I am here also for you. If you go to chemo alone that will be your fault. You have been there so much for me, I would do anything to make sure you know you are loved. Call me and I will continue to call you. Love, Your other aunt, Marcie
ReplyDelete