Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Power Of Saying, "Hi, How Ya Doing?"

Growing up as a preacher's grandchild, you become accustomed to speaking to people that you don't know. I've done that my whole life. I feel that everyone has a story. Some of my friends don't understand why I do what I do, but hey, that's me. Recently, after my biopsy, I went to the grocery store. The lady who bagged my groceries looked at me and said, "Are you okay? You haven't been here in awhile." Wow! I didn't even know that she ever noticed me. She seemed truly concerned when I told her that I had some health issues. When I went to another grocery store, the pharmacist asked me the same question. When I told him what was going on, he gave me a hug and said that he would say a prayer for me. Wow! Since then, many people have come up to me and said the same thing. The point is...you never know who may remember you and how much it may mean to someone for you to just speak to them and ask them how they are doing. I'm getting such incredible love and support from people that I know and people that I don't know. I've even heard from some ex-boyfriends who were jerks, and they have offered anything that they can do to help. I guess that even some of them have hearts after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment